Arnold Heller has more than 30 years of experience in the area of real estate transactional and development law. He advises a diverse range of clients, including healthcare providers, condominium and planned community developers, and affordable housing developers on such matters as the creation and preservation of affordable housing and luxury housing; the formation and negotiation of partnership and limited liability company agreements; the drafting and negotiation of construction contracts; and purchases and sales of many different types of properties. He has extensive experience in counseling clients with respect to various types of financing transactions, including sale/leasebacks; conventional and HUD insured construction and permanent loans; loans from the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency and the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development; and loans provided by various county and municipal agencies.
Mr. Heller has lectured on condominium law in Pennsylvania and on themes pertaining to the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Mr. Heller served as law clerk to Judge Charles R. Richey of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia in 1972-73; practiced as an attorney with the Appellate Section of the Tax Division of the United States Department of Justice from 1974-1977; and served as a Deputy Assistant General Counsel to the Presidential Clemency Board formed by President Ford during 1975. He was an associate and later a partner in the Philadelphia office of Blank Rome LLP from 1978 through July 2009.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate Law
- Business and Corporate Law
- Affordable Housing
- Condominiums & Planned Communities
- Financing and Deal Structuring
- Pennsylvania, 1979
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 1972
- Williams College, B.A. Political Science, 1967
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member, 2009-present
- Montgomery Bar Association, Member, 2009-present
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member, 1978-present
- American Bar Association, Afordable Housing & Community Law, Member, 2009-present
- Pennsylvania Developers' Council, Member, 2013-present
Honors & Awards
- Main Line Today Top Attorney, 2018
- Best Lawyers in America, 2018
Civic & Community Activities
- St. David’s Episcopal Church
- Vietnam Veteran, U.S. Army