Joel D. Rosen
Joel D. Rosen presently serves as the firm’s Managing Partner.
With more than 30 years of legal experience, Joel Rosen’s areas of practice include franchise law, business and commercial law, employment law, trademark/copyright law and commercial leasing. Mr. Rosen has counseled numerous businesses with regard to general corporate and commercial transactions, including, formation, mergers & acquisitions, licensing, sales, and financing projects. Mr. Rosen’s corporate client base spans a broad spectrum of industries, including: biotechnology, franchisees and franchisors, weight loss industry, food and restaurant industry, consumer products, media and entertainment industry, software and technology companies, as well as nonprofit organizations.
Mr. Rosen presently serves on the Board of Directors of several nonprofit organizations, including The Hepatitis B Foundation, The Pennsylvania Biotechnology Center and The Baruch S. Blumberg Institute. Most recently, Mr. Rosen was elected to the Board of Directors of the Montgomery Bar Foundation.
Prior to joining High Swartz in 2007, Mr. Rosen was the Owner of the Law Offices of Joel Rosen; previously he was Vice President/General Counsel of NutriSystem, Inc., and Senior Corporate Counsel of AAMCO Transmissions, Inc.
Areas of Practice
- Business and Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Employment Law
- Franchise Law
- Franchise Agreements
- Franchise Disclosure Documents
- Marketing and Sales
- Intellectual Property
- Copyright Law
- Trademark Law
- Pennsylvania, 1982
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1982
- University of Florida College of Law, graduated with Honors in Appellate Advocacy, J.D. 1982
- Brandeis University, B.A., cum laude, 1979
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Montgomery Bar Foundation, Board of Directors, 2015-Present
- Montgomery Bar Association, member, 1982 - Present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Business Law Section, member, 1982 - Present
- American Bar Association, member, 1982 - Present
- Bucks County Bar Association, member, 2016-Present
- ABA Forum on Franchising, member, 1985 - Present
Civic & Community Activities
- Hepatitis B Foundation, Chairman of the Board of Directors
- The Pennsylvania Biotechnology Center, Board of Directors
- Institute for Hepatitis and Viral Research, Board of Directors