Mark R. Fischer Jr.
Mark Fischer is an attorney in the firm’s litigation department. He focuses his practice primarily on representing businesses in breach of contract, payment collection, construction defect, and consumer protection disputes throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Mark also represents local municipalities, property owners, and individuals in land development, code enforcement, property disputes, business transactions, and general civil litigation. Mark’s skills as an attorney center on his ability to represent the client’s best interests while maintaining a constant-eye toward efficiency and resolution.
Mark applies a business-oriented, customer service approach toward litigation. He has developed this mindset over his several years as assistant regional counsel to a multi-national retail company, an experience that has provided Mark a view through the eyes of in-house counsel. He uses this experience to counsel businesses on strategically handling disputes without losing focus on the business’ end goal and its bottom line.
Mark is a studious attorney with an attention to detail. He finds value in the art of cooperation and collaboration with other attorneys to determine the best strategies for effectively handling his cases. He leads by example, both in his work and his personal pursuits, which has made him a productive member of the legal community.
Mark has an intimate knowledge of the Philadelphia area. He grew up in Philadelphia and Lower Bucks County, attended college and law school in Delaware County, and now lives and works in Montgomery County. This knowledge of the area gives Mark a unique understanding of the local communities and the business climate in the Greater Philadelphia area. In addition to his work in Pennsylvania, Mark has significant experience in the New Jersey Courts, in which he completed his judicial clerkship following law school and now handles commercial litigation cases throughout the State.
Mark currently lives in Montgomery County with his wife, son and daughter. He enjoys exploring the local parks with his family, exercising, and rooting for his beloved Philadelphia sports teams.
Areas of Practice
- Business and Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Contract & Business Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Franchise Litigation
- Local Counsel & Expert Testimony
- Pennsylvania Expert Witness Services
- Real Estate Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate Law
- Affordable Housing
- Condominiums & Planned Communities
- Commercial Leasing
- Eminent Domain
- Financing and Deal Structuring
- Real Estate Taxation
- Zoning and Land Development
- Environmental Law
- Pennsylvania, 2004
- New Jersey, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2008
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit, 2008
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2004
- Widener University, B.S., summa cum laude, 2001
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Montgomery Bar Association
- Montgomery Bar Association - Law Reporter, Secretary 2017
- Montgomery Bar Association - Leadership Academy 2016
- Montgomery Bar Assocation - Bench Bar Committee 2014-present
Civic & Community Activities
- Plymouth Little League - Head Coach
- Colonial Soccer Club - Head Coach
- Eastern Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce
- FBI Citizen’s Academy, 2008 Graduate
Publications & Presentations
- “Courts Missing the Point on Pennsylvania Insurance Bad Faith,” (co-author), The Legal Intelligencer, January 28, 2008